Sunday, April 7, 2013

Take a chance

Long time, no bloggy!

A few months ago I interviewed for a position that was within the same field as my career experience, but on a platform that I didn't have experience in. I admit, I was nervous in the interview and left thinking I wouldn't get an offer... but I did.

I think everyone at some point in their lives need a reminder to remain confident. It's easy to get overwhelmed in a situation you may not be comfortable with. My new position is hectic as I have to manage a large workload in addition to learning new things (hence why I haven't blogged in awhile). I am often pushed close to my limits and sometimes I make mistakes. I have a bad habit of beating myself up when I do, but the important thing is that I learn from them. I'm sticking with it and getting better as I go along.

Moral of the story: take a chance! You may surprise yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment